fredag 20. januar 2012

Solar Powered 2600mAh Rechargeable Battery Pack with Cellphone Adapters - Review

Reviewing The 

"Solar Powered 2600mAh Rechargeable Battery Pack with Cellphone Adapters"



Unboxing Of The Solar Panel




My expectations for this product "was", very good, until I started using it. I am very disappointed with this product, and I wish I used those 16USD, on something else. Some good earphones or a solar panel with a better rating would have been much smarter, but I have my myself to thank. I took a risk, and since there only was three or four reviews of this, I took the chance of maybe wasting money. Now, I can't just tell you about the negative, there was of course some positive things about it as well, but unfortunately not as much as the negative things.
I, myself support the environment and think that everyone should be using environmental friendly energy. So one of the reasons for why I bought this in the first place was to not be using the power outlets in my house.


Lets just start by, me showing you this picture of the whole solar panel! Do not be fooled by the pretty cool design and the shiny look. "Beauty Is Only Skin Deep", that's true, and that describes this item very well. The length is around 10 cm, and 5 cm in width. The green little LED light in the left corner, is always flashing. I waited for almost a week for this battery to charge. In daylight I placed the charger near a window, when the evening arrived, I placed it under a lamp. For almost seven days I did this! When I finally decided to try to charge my iPod Touch with this, and while the green LED was still flashing, I connected the panel to my portable charger to see if that worked. It did for three seconds, when something weird happened, and the all the power from the solar panel was squeezed out like an elephant sitting on top of an watermelon. 

I then took and pointed the solar cells towards a light source, the green LED started flashing again, I connected the iPod Touch directly now instead of charging the portable charger first, and the iPod Touch wasn't charging at all.


LED, Input 5V and Output 5.5V. Sounds wrong doesn't it? Well, the output is actually 3V, I found that out from a previous owner of the same product. I also read from an other source that the battery charger can overcharge, when not using the AC input charging method. Maybe this is one of the reasons for my failure. Still doubting that. The Battery has a maximum storage of 2600 m/A, although other sources say it actually is 3600 m/A. I would say the  battery is more useful then the solar panel itself, what a shame. 


The Solar Cells seem good, nice and of good quality, but unfortunately this is just an illusion. I don't really know, If I ruined the charger by overcharging it or if this product just sucks! I have tried various methods of charging this, after "the thing", happened. Charging it the AC power way, works, but the charging speed is slow and ineffective. The meaning of this is being environmental friendly is just a failure for me. I hoped this being my new solution for charging my phone and iPod, but it seems like I have to find a better way.



Pros

  • Small and portable, so it's easy to bring it with you. Fits nicely in every pocket and it's very lightweight. 
  • A powerful battery, with an high capacity of power. You get even more then what the producers actually tell us. 
  • Has a good amount of popular charging adapters included, and an AC Power charger as well.
  • Slick design, and a nice attractive, elegant look.
  • It charges with USB connection, so it's compatible with all devices that use USB, and that is pretty many!
  • An Eco-Friendly solution to your charging needs, the only silly thing is that the solar panels are very weak.
  • Can charge you iPhone ca. 2 times, from bottom to top (0% to 100%)

Cons

  • If using the solar panel to charge the battery, there are so many stupid things that can happen, and the charging speed it extremely slow. I don't have any specific time frame for how long it takes, because it took me almost seven days to not even charge it completely. 
  • When you finally want to charge it, charging is slow, and very often shows you the message, " this charger is not compatible with your device". Even though the error appears, it actually works with the iDevices, it was just my overcharging, I think, that ruined the whole thing.
  • To pricey for this low quality. And the adapters are, like going to break at any time.
  • AC power charger is only US, they should have included and EU adapter.

AC, US power charger. Why they didn't include an EU adapter, I really don't know, but since they didn't they lost many customers. The material of this feels weak, and cheap. The plastic is like paper. The solar panel is related to this charger, and the adapters as well.


The US connection side, simple, can work, I haven't tried it out, cause I live in Europa. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. I had an alternative method so I didn't have to try testing this out!



Just some info about how much voltage, input, output, and that sort of information. There's not that much to say, just that the info is there.



The USB connection is there for those who wanna charge their Solar Panel with the non environmental friendly power, and for those who don't want to wait so long for a fully charged battery.



A charging cable is of course included. This is literally the only included thing in the package, that I think is of good quality and that works well! Works with no problems, no painting discoloration. Nice!!


The adapters are also one of those, "OK, but could have been better", included parts of this package. I mean, all of them work, but when they started included popular adapters, why didn't they include a Micro adapter, that's like the most used one!!



Total Conclusion

Honestly, I would recommend everyone to try finding some better solar panel charger, with better rating, and being cheaper. This is just a elegant battery with and tragic working solar panel, that doesn't even work like it should. The LED light always flashes and there is with no doubt some low budget parts inside. Try looking for something with a high rating and with good information. I took a risk and bought this, I regret it, I failed and should never have bought this. Buy it if you are looking to waste money! I had good expectations, but it ended with me regretting and wasting money.

I must sadly say, that I Do Not Recommend This!

DealExtreme Website:

Product Link:

Want to be amazed, Watch! 




Written By Luka

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar